How to properly use LDT editor

crashes, error report
Archtube

How to properly use LDT editor

Post by Archtube » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering how to use the LDT editor accurately. I wish to use a certain led strip but the .ldt file is 1000mm long. I would like to have one at 100mm to able to follow the curvature of a wall.

So, for example. If my led strip is 1000mm, 2000lm, 15W, does this mean that the edited would be 100mm, 200lm, 1.5W??

This has been an recurring problem for me and I occasionally end up changing my choice of the led strip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Seto
Archtube Ltd

Csuleiman

Re: How to properly use LDT editor

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Dear Archtube,

If you only adjust the luminaire geometry, this has no effect on the photometric data. You would therefore have to enter the luminous flux and wattage you want in the "Lamps" tab. After you have clicked on the "Apply" button, you can save the LDT file under a new name and use it in DIALux.

Screenshot_1.JPG
Screenshot_1.JPG (49.85 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Screenshot_2.JPG
Screenshot_2.JPG (42.91 KiB) Viewed 120 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Archtube

Post by Archtube » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 am

Dear Csuleiman,

Thank you for your reply! So I'm guessing if i just plug in the desired values it would give me accurate calculation results?

Also, another issue I come across a lot but I don't know why is that in the 'room view" in 3D some objects I have inserted are not visible. So, I usually end up exporting views from the building view which shows all objects. But this is not ideal since there is always the issue of the visible walls.

What could be causing this issue?

Thanks!

Archtube Ltd

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Dear Archtube,

Yes, the calculation results will be according to your adaptions of the LDT file.

Regarding your problem, please have a look at the following thread. Please check where you have inserted the missing objects.
https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.ph ... le#p100983

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Archtube

Post by Archtube » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks for the reply!!

This helps a lot!