Problems when opening luminaires files folder.

crashes, error report
LPP

Problems when opening luminaires files folder.

Post by LPP » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 am

Hello, I report a major problem with DIALUX EVO 5.8.0.39770.
When opening the local folder where IES and EULUMDAT files are located, there is a very important lapse or stoppage of the system, and the choice of luminaire files is not fluid.
In some moments the program has been blocked and has been restarted.
The local folder is in a normal directory. Is it that it has to be in the DIALUX directory?
Is this happening to someone else?
On the other hand, in DIALUX EVO there is no system similar to DIALUX 4.13 so that the same system calculates the best options in the choice of road luminaires?
Thank you very much in advance.

Csuleiman

Re: Problems when opening luminaires files folder.

Post by Csuleiman » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 am

Dear LPP,

So far we have not heard of any similar case, so we cannot tell you ad hoc where the cause of the problem lies. The luminaire folder does not necessarily have to be in a DIALux directory. It can also be stored locally on the desktop or in another directory.
Does your luminaire folder contain a lot of luminaires? Would it be possible to send us this folder zipped so that we can reproduce the problem? Does the problem occur in a particular project or every time you want to access the luminaire folder? If it is a specific project, please send it to us. Our email address is support@dial.de.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

LPP

Post by LPP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello again Celuisman:
Thank you very much for answering so quickly.
As always very attentive to the requirements of the users ...
By email I will send you the folder of the luminaries that I use.
It happens in all the projects not in only one, so I think it is not necessary to send any file.

thanks,

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:48 am

Hi LPP,

We were able to reproduce the problem in evo using your luminaire folder. The reason for the performance losses lies in the large number of luminaire files. There are simply far too many that evo needs to access. We can therefore only recommend that you split the folders so that you get individual folders with far fewer luminaires.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 am

Hello,

I have the same problem, can anyone tell me how many lights i can have as maximum in this luminaires files folder?

Thank you

kvkozierowski

Post by kvkozierowski » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:46 am

Hello Edwin,

There is no fix maximum. It depends on your files, your system (SSD vs file server, RAM, CPU, ...) and how tolerant you are concerning performance impacts. If you think that it is too slow for you on your system, you need to move some files to another folder...

Best regards
Kolja

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:50 am

kvkozierowski wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:46 am
Hello Edwin,

There is no fix maximum. It depends on your files, your system (SSD vs file server, RAM, CPU, ...) and how tolerant you are concerning performance impacts. If you think that it is too slow for you on your system, you need to move some files to another folder...

Best regards
Kolja
The PC works good, its not about the speed but about the error. At some point i get an error when opening the luminaire list, and if i understood all post above (and in quote under) it is because there are to many luminaire files.
Then there is a maximum of different kinds of luminaires you can put into dialux or i dont know what they mean with luminaire files.

Csuleiman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:48 am
Hi LPP,

We were able to reproduce the problem in evo using your luminaire folder. The reason for the performance losses lies in the large number of luminaire files. There are simply far too many that evo needs to access. We can therefore only recommend that you split the folders so that you get individual folders with far fewer luminaires.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team
Is it possible to remove some luminaire files without opening the list? Because i get the error when i try to open the list but i can't open the list itself so i cant delete them via that way.

Tanks,

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello Edwin,

We think there is a huge difference between what the users expect and what we wanted to achieve. The users seem to like to store all their luminaire files somewhere on the disk (>10,000 pieces) and then want to use the luminaire folder as a plugin replacement.
It was never thought this way. It was meant to be able to use a few (about 10-100) frequently used luminaires from the disk. It is not designed for that and that we actually see the partner catalogs and LUMsearch as the primary source for luminaire data. Therefore we would like to recommend you to use the plugins instead of such a big luminaire folder.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team