.ies filles in existing IFC export from Archicad

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
MichelWestoll

.ies filles in existing IFC export from Archicad

Post by MichelWestoll » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:52 am

Is there a reason why, when exporting the existing IFC file that has .ies files it is not recognised by EVO?

I have already completed an Archicad model with the required ies files. I was hoping that it was going to be possible to use RVO to do an analyis the existing plan so that neccesary changes could be made or advice be given to my client with regards to the current plan reccomended by the electrical engineer ( who is not a lighting designer). it seems thus far top completely redraw the entire project in EVO, which is alot of wasted time.

Is this possisble, to have the existing .ies files exported tso as to be shown in EVO?

Thanks for any advice and assistance.

pontus

Re: .ies filles in existing IFC export from Archicad

Post by pontus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:45 am

I don't think the ies file will be recognised through an IFC export-import. I tried this in Revit, same result. You could try open the same file in Archicad, is the ies file there and working?
You can still use the geometry of the building and use the luminaires as snap objects in Evo to speed up your workflow. That shoudl still be much faster than rebuilding the whole thing in Evo.
2.70Ghz Intel Core i7-3820QM, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD FirePro M2000, Win 7 Pro x64, DirectX 11, 1920x1200+1600x1200 monitors

Csuleiman

Re: .ies filles in existing IFC export from Archicad

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 am

Dear pontus,

Thank you for your answer. You are absolutely right - you can use the geometry of the building and insert the luminaires afterwards into the planning of evo. The IES files will not be recognised in evo through an IFC import.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team