3ds Object Import

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Archtube

3ds Object Import

Post by Archtube » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi!

Few questions about importing 3DS objects into Dialux

1) When I import a 3DS file, how do I make sure the scale is correct?
2) What is the maximum number of polygons or what is the maximum file size (in MB) that should be imported for smooth calculations?
3) Why is it that sometimes when material is applied to a 3DS object, some polygons are left black and color/material cannot be applied to them?
4) What parameters should be used when exporting a 3DS file to be fully compatible with DIALUX Evo?
5) Is there any way I can handle the layers of an object separately when imported as a 3DS?

Thanks in advnace!

This would help my projects a lot!

Archtube Ltd

T.Magenheimer

Re: 3ds Object Import

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:50 am

Dear Archtube,

We are not so familiar with 3D Max, Sketchup or other 3D software products. It would be of help to modify the 3DS file in a 3D software in such a way that no textures/ materials are saved within the object. After the import into evo you should create the materials on the object manually. We guess that there will always be some triangles left, but not so much as they are now.

Every surface of a 3D model has to be calculated separately and if the sum of the 3D models (and the surfaces) are too complex for the calculation process or the performance of DIALux evo, it could give a lack of internal main memory of our evo software during the calculation in DIALux. This is the reason why maybe the calculation interrupts or takes some hours or it gives problems with the performance of the documentation.

The key is to find a good compromise between a realistic visualization and moderate quantity of surfaces.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team