Glare Rating (GR) calculation

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
Sentinel

Glare Rating (GR) calculation

Post by Sentinel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:35 am

Hello

Is there a difference how Dialux evo calculates the GR number compared to Dialux 4?

I had to redo a football field in evo. All luminaries, their position, GR settings are the same. In the calculation results all other numbers are the same (lx, uniformity), only GR number doesn't match. In evo it's 59, in Dialux 4 it was 46. Any explanation for this?

Thank you.

Csuleiman

Re: Glare Rating (GR) calculation

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 am

Hello Sentinel,

We wonder if you could send us your evo and also DIALux 4 project file for further analysis. We would like to look at the GR differences between the two projects directly in comparison.
It would be of help if you could send us the link to this topic so that we could better assign this issue. Our email address is 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:37 am

Hello Csuleiman,

The thing is that I don't have the old Dialux 4 file. That's why I had to re-create it in evo from the old documentation PDF.
From your answer I gather that there is no known issue when calculating GR in evo? No similar issues from other users?

Thanks.

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am

Hello Sentinel,

We are not aware of any problems from other users concerning the GR calculation in evo. If you want to compare both DIALux projects, they must be exactly the same. There are some parameters to consider and to set equal, like the maintenance factor, the GR calculation according to EN12464 or CIE112 and so on.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team