CCT color is different

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
bavarian

CCT color is different

Post by bavarian » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi,

I encounter a problem in making the same CCT color with the same rendering.

I am trying to use 3000K Warm white with CRI 80 from one of manufacturer, and different ies file from other manufacturer with the same CCT.

But produce the same result. Is there any method i am missing about this ?

This is 3000K 80 CRI.

This is also the same 3000K 80 CRI .

Any feedback would be appreciate. Thank you !

T.Magenheimer

Re: CCT color is different

Post by T.Magenheimer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Dear bavarian,

DIALux requires always a spectrum to visualize the light color. But unfortunately there is no information for the spectrum included in the IES format as well as no information about the light color or CCT.
To import IES files anyway DIALux is using a default spectrum of 3000K which is generated with help of the by the Planck radiator. We decided to use this spectrum due to its very good color rendering which results in a good visualization.

To enable the visualization for other spectra or customized kelvin values it is possible to change the spectrum. Just go to the lamp tool -> Colorimetric data -> Spectrum. Next choose the desired spectrum and do not forget to apply the setting afterwards.

SC.png
SC.png (184.31 KiB) Viewed 1696 times

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

bavarian

Post by bavarian » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 am

Hi,

Yes I am aware with that. We can change and made customize with the spectrum color.

Or there are some lists. However I put and pick 3000K and they showed different result.

One is obviously 4000K cool white even the spectrum is 3000K.

The strangest thing is I make this two separate files. And I send the files that showed 4000K cool white, when I cals in the Warm Cals.

It is automatically have the same Warm color, not the backup files. It keeps showed 4000K whatever fixtures I drag and cals in there.

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am

Hi bavarian,

Please send us your problematic project file and both luminaire files with a link to this thread for an analysis of this problem to the mail address 'Support@dial.de'.

Best regards,
Your DIAL Support Team