Radial calculation

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
White

Radial calculation

Post by White » Fri May 07, 2021 12:37 pm

Hello,

in DIALux Evo can I set a radial calculation for a circular area (possibly excluding the part in the middle in order to get a sort of annulus) for example for a roundabout in street lightining? It could be done in Dialux 5.

Thanks in advance, my best regards.

Csuleiman

Re: Radial calculation

Post by Csuleiman » Fri May 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Hello White,

The radial calculation grid as you know it from DIALux 4.13 does not exist in evo. However, you can construct a roundabout using the polygonal calculation surface in evo.
Please also have a look at the following thread:
https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.ph ... ut#p108699

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

White

Post by White » Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 am

Hello Csuleiman,

thank you for your usual kindness.

Constructing a roundabout it's not a problem, on the countrary if the radial calculation can't be set, I can't comply with UNI 11248:2016, point A.3.2. Do you agree?

By the way, could you suggest how you are used to calculating Q0 value for street lightining, please?

Thanks again, my best regards.

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Wed May 12, 2021 6:45 am

Hello White,

Yes, I can agree with your statement.
The roadway luminance L at point P on the roadway is determined by the illuminance E and the reflection properties of the road surface. The illuminance E is dependent on the spatial luminous intensity distribution I (¥, ƒ) of the luminaires, the luminous flux of the lamps used and the geometry of the lighting system.
The reflectance properties of the road surface are described by the luminance coefficient q (¥, ƒ), which essentially depends on the direction of light incidence ¥, the direction of observation ƒ and the angle of observation (1° to the horizontal).

L = q(¥, ƒ) · E

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

White

Post by White » Wed May 12, 2021 10:56 am

Dear Csuleiman,

thank you for the kind reply.

Do you think the radial calculation will be implemented in the future updates?

Redarding the Qo value your explanation is excellent, but, just for what you have precisely written, it seems a paramter that I can get only at the end of the analysis and not instead a number to set in the beginning, doesn't it?

Moreover it is crucial for the comparison of lightining classes, so I think it is pretty important define at least if it is ≤ 0,05 1/sr, > 0,05 1/sr and ≤ 0,08 1/sr, > 0,08 1/sr.

Thanks again for your patience, my best regards.