Fixture ID in report's summary

questions regarding the handling of DIALux evo. (features, tools, options, settings)
lrossi

Fixture ID in report's summary

Post by lrossi » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:17 pm

I'm new to Dialux and i just created my first report.
It looks great but I would like to add the fixtures type in the photometrics which are part of the summary for each room.

Which setting do i need to enable to show the fixtures type on this view?
Thanks,

lrossi

Re: Fixture ID in report's summary

Post by lrossi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:16 am

I guess my question is either too basic to deserve a response or adding the fixture ID to the report's summary is just not possible.

I hope that the later is not the case as it is an essential part of a proper report but, more importantly, this shouldn't be too hard to implement since the software already has that info. As a matter of fact, when you export to dwg the end result is a point-to-point illumination calc with fixture IDs on it.

I just wanted the same thing on the native report from DiaLUX.

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:50 am

Hello lrossi,

The luminaire index cannot be displayed in the summary. Only the indices of the surfaces are shown there. However, you can show the IDs of the luminaires in the luminaire layout plan.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

lrossi

Post by lrossi » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:58 am

@Csuleiman,
Thanks for the response but, while your suggestion does present a solution, it is not ideal.

You see, it makes doesn't make sense to use a "luminaire layout plan" and the "summary" on the same report because both are showing the space with the luminaire layout. This means that the customer would have an additional page (per space) to evaluate which makes the report unnecessarily long.

Ideally, what i would like to show in the documentation report is a view with the space layout, the luminaire layout, the luminaire IDs and the photometric points, just like what Dialux produce when it is exporting the results to DWG.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out this limitation of the software. I will now focus in finding a solution around it.