cropped PDF output

kippax

cropped PDF output

Post by kippax » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:22 pm

When I PDF my results the pages are cropped losing much of the information towards the right hand side of the page.

I have tried 3 PDF printers.... Adobe PDF, DIALuxPDF and CutePDF all with he same result.

Page size is set at A4 with "Shrink to fit" selected and I have also tried minimising the margins with no change.

Running DIALux 4.13 and Windows 10.

T.Magenheimer

Re: cropped PDF output

Post by T.Magenheimer » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Dear kippax,

Please have a look at the following topic which hopefully helps you to solve the problem:

https://dxboard.dialux.com/viewtopic.ph ... ip#p101843

Best regards
Your DIAL Support Team

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am

Hello kippax,

The problem is related to the high-resolution displays used, for which the technology of DIALux 4 is unfortunately not designed. The only workaround that could help you is to reduce the resolution of your monitor/laptop to FullHD. The screenshot below shows you which resolution (1920x1080) you should use.
It is best to restart DIALux after you have adjusted the resolution. You can then create a PDF document without cropped edges.

Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (97.97 KiB) Viewed 308 times

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

kippax

Post by kippax » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:11 am

It's the resolution issue, thanks for the advice.

Bit of a basic issue with the software though and I assume, with the drive to move everybody on to EVO, this won't be getting addressed.

Csuleiman

Post by Csuleiman » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello kippax,

Our strategy for the future is, that DIALux evo is the successor of DIALux 4.13 and we only developing DIALux evo in the future. However, no new features will be implemented in our DIALux 4 software. We will only react on errors and requirements with new operating systems.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team