discrepancy in lux calculation

r.voci@cs-europe.com

discrepancy in lux calculation

Post by r.voci@cs-europe.com » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:52 am

Good morning,
I'm using 4.13 version to create soccer field project and I found a big difference beetween the lux showed in the plan view of the software and the ones created in the output. Difference is approximately 20%. How can fix this problem? Is there any flag i missed? thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Roberto
plan view.JPG
plan view.JPG (111.9 KiB) Viewed 104 times
output.JPG
output.JPG (71.09 KiB) Viewed 104 times

Csuleiman

Re: discrepancy in lux calculation

Post by Csuleiman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Dear r.voci@cs-europe.com,

When working with the real-time calculation feature you will get results which are calculated in real-time. The output shows you the regular calculation which is accurately.

You will always get the right calculation results after calculating the scene. The real-time calculation is just a rough overview of results (overhead calculator). It is helpful during the lighting planning. So to be sure to get the correct results, you need to calculate the whole project in the normal way.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team

r.voci@cs-europe.com

Post by r.voci@cs-europe.com » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:41 pm

First of all thanks for the quick and precious support.
If I understand well the real time calculation gives a rough vaules of lux in in the planning process and there is no way to avoid it.
Let me tell you that also after the total project calculation, values displayed on screen still remain the same as the real time view (maybe I making something wrong).
Nothing changes and difference of 20 % is too much to be justified to the client.
So Im afraid that the only way to avoid this problem is to increase of 20% the lux target to be reached during the planning in order to have a correct output.
Any other suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks again for your help and have a nice week end
Roberto

T.Magenheimer

Post by T.Magenheimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 am

Dear r.voci@cs-europe.com,

You understand it right. The real time calculation gives a rough vaules of lux and the values after doing a calculation in DIALux are the exactly calculated values. And the exactly calculated values in the documentation are all that matters. The other values should only give you a rough overview of the planning.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team