display option for objects and linear lighting arrangement

feel free to add wishes and suggestions
nima

display option for objects and linear lighting arrangement

Post by nima » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:35 am

Hi!

- that'd be great if there was an extra icon in display options for showing/hiding furniture and objects since managing luminaires is a bit hard in different views when there are so many objects and furniture in the room.

- another suggestion is adding a special arranging option for linear luminaires due to its high usage in modern buildings,

as the linear luminaires have usually a simple rectangular shape and their photometric files are in certain lengths but the thing is that linear luminaires use and manufactured in customized length and shapes, its difficult to arrange them as single modules in a line arrangement and since we can't have the desired length that way, there will be an overlap in the line arrangement for that certain length that'd cause incorrect light and power characteristics, and it becomes more difficult when there are so many linear luminaires with complex design.
the thing that comes to my mind but I really don't know about its possibility ( :D ) is to have an option that when you add the LDT/IES file it reads the photometric data and then you can draw a line and it arrange and place the linear luminaire in that certain length and direction with the correct light output and wattage.

Thanks for reading my suggestions and wish you all the bests!

Csuleiman

Re: display option for objects and linear lighting arrangement

Post by Csuleiman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Hello nima,

Of course we will gladly add your wishes to our improvement list of evo.
Thank you very much for your important feedback, which will help us during the development of the upcoming evo versions.

Best regards,
DIAL Support Team